100% UK Branded Coffee Cups

Biodegradable Paper Cups

Scyphus is going 100% Bio in 2018, and would encourage our customers to opt for PLA coated biodegradable paper cups. These Compostable Cups are not only your contribution to a landfill reducing clean environment, it also adds to the trust to your brand image.

Read More
Ask for a Quote

The current consumption is about 300 million tonnes per year.



At the beginning of the First World War, the world's consumption of paper was only 15 million tons. By 1994 consumption had increased to nearly 270 million tons and was still growing. [Source]

By the mid-1990's recycling was accounting for 30 percent of the paper supply but still an enormous amount of timber had to be harvested to provide wood pulp for the paper mills.



Recycled paper accounts for 38 percent of the world’s total fiber supply and non-wood fibers from plants like hemp or kenaf make up 7 percent. 45 percent still comes from the forests.



Per person tree usage has increased over the same period too. UK consumes 4.48 hypothetical trees per person, per year while Belgium using the most trees, stands at 8.51 trees per person per year, as per the Economist.



Forest Cover

The Green Facts 2005 Report concludes that primary forest area (as opposed to plantations) has depleted globally by 60,000 square kilometers per year. Tree density in primary forests varies vetween 50,000 and 100,000 trees per, so the approximately depletion is occuring at the rate of 3 billion to 6 billion trees per year.



Organized and Responsible Tree farming to the rescue.

Although tree farms or plantations help feed the demand for wood, they can’t provide the plant and animal diversity found in natural forests.

But if we look at it like this, tree plantations are preventing further encroachment of the natural rain forest cover, thus allowing them time and space to regrow, that is good news to mother earth.

Alternatives to Tree felling , recycled paper and non-wood pulp sources like Hemp and Kenaf should be promoted further and the paper mills given assistance required to slowly shift from wood pulp to these alternate pulps. Paper Mills would naturally resist converting from wood pulp to alternate pulps because they are setup to process wood and changing that requires investing tens of millions of money, this has to change.



Why recycle if tree farming doesn't destroy our rainforests?


Recycling helps reduce the amount of paper that goes into landfill every year. Each of us uses an average of 700 pounds of paper products every year, so paper makes up almost a third of the material which goes into landfills.

Moreover recycle surplus can be sent to other countries to be used in paper production.US Newspaper recycle can end up as a box in Africa, saving more trees in the process.



Some Facts to make us feel good



More than 2.3 billion tree seedlings are planted in the United States each year. £6m of government funding to plant 4 million trees in England in 2014.



The single oldest living thing on Earth is a tree, a 4,700 year-old bristlecone pine tree in Nevada. It was growing when the Egyptians built the pyramids.


Ask for a Printed Paper Cups Quotation

Add multiple products and sizes to your quote request

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. Read the Privacy Policy.

Please add Printed Paper Cups to your Quote, before sending the request.

Oops! Seems you are unhappy for some reason

What was it that put you off?
Please help us by allowing us to correct ourselves
  • I didn't like the website
  • I didn't like the quote form
  • Your Website doesn't work
  • The quote form doesn't work on phone
  • I have not decided on the design yet
  • I have already decided on another provider
  • I have not yet decided on the purchase
  • I am just researching paper cups.
Submit Your Feedback


Free Artwork Setup and Plates on all orders from 1000 cups
  • Remember, we beat all other like for like quotes
  • We manufacture in UK
  • We offer 100% UK and EU Quality Paper Cups
  • You won't get the BEST coffee cup at an UNBEATABLE price anywhere else
I have changed my mind